“Professional support to help you bring about real changes in your life, self, and relationships”
Reaching out for help is a courageous step in finding a way through your struggles. Individual counselling can help you learn new coping skills, develop ways to manage difficult emotions, deal with long standing issues, deal with painful experiences, or improve your relationships.
For therapy to be helpful, it important for you to feel comfortable with both the therapist and the approaches we use. I will endeavour to:
- develop a clear understanding of your problems and needs, your life experiences, values, and goals for therapy
- work collaboratively with you to develop a treatment plan to address your issues and achieve your goals using evidence-based therapy approaches that have been shown to work, and that fit for you.
I am experienced in helping with issues such as:
- depression and low mood
- stress and coping
- relationship issues and conflict
- family conflict
- grief and loss
- adjustment to change and life transitions
- work related issues
- post separation parenting
- family of origin issues
The work we do will focus both on both practical ways to cope with and manage your current struggles and will also address aspects of your life situation that may be perpetuating emotional and psychological difficulties.
Some people realise that there are certain life experiences that continue to impact them today. I have been able to help many people work on changing long term patterns and ways of relating so that they are no longer stuck and defined by previous painful experiences.
Contact Me to discuss your goals for therapy and how I may be able to help you